GREGORY R. AMMON FAMILY FOUNDATION MAKES CHARITABLE DONATION TO THE BREAST CANCER PROGRAM AT NORTHSIDE HOSPITAL
The Ammon Family thanks the team at Northside Hospital after Stacy Ammon’s experience with breast cancer, in hopes to help ease the financial burden on cancer patients and their families.
Update on the impact of this donation (As of 9/21/2023):
- 23 breast cancer patients have been assisted with rent
- 12 breast cancer patients with mortgage assistance
- 10 breast cancer patients have been assisted with auto insurance/payments
- 1 breast cancer patient with a Lymphedema pump and compression vest not covered by the patient’s insurance
- 1 breast cancer patient with dental needs to help her eat properly and continue her treatments
Breast Cancer Patients’ Words of Gratitude and Appreciation (Recipients from Ammon Foundation gift):
- "It’s hard to express in words my feelings of relief and gratitude for your assistance with my rent during my treatment for breast cancer. Thank you!"
- "Hallelujah! My prayers have been answered through your generosity. God bless you all."
- "I wanted to show my appreciation for your generous gift in paying my rent in this great time of need. This will help me greatly. It has been a very difficult year going through this treatment for State 4 metastatic breast cancer that is still ongoing. I was diagnosed just over a year ago. It was quite devastating and terrifying. I feel that I am in great care with my Northside oncologist. Special thanks also to my patient navigator! Samantha has been amazing with her help and encouragement. Thank you to all of you that have made this gift possible. I will be forever grateful!"
- “Amazing … Thank you… I’ve been in the hospital and it’s been stressing me out.”
- "Wow. This literally saved us from being without a home. Thank you so much for your help. I am so grateful and happy."
- "Thank you. Thank you. I'm doing cartwheels. I'm doing dances. I'm doing all of the above. I'm just so excited. Thank you a bunch. I got a letter from my mortgage company, and they received the check. So I'm really really really grateful. Thanks so much."
- "I'm literally in tears. God bless you. Thank you so much for this assistance. You saved me. Thank you."
- "The assistance that I received from your donation helped me tremendously. I have been fighting this battle and navigating my new normal on my own. Without your generous donations I may have been extremely behind on my rent and possibly facing eviction from my apartment. You have no idea how your donation helps to relieve the stress and anxiety that I already had dealing with my new normal. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!"
- "This is so amazing, thank you for helping me with my rent!"
ATLANTA — December 28, 2022 – The Gregory R. Ammon Family Foundation, a private charitable foundation headquartered in the Atlanta area, today announced that it has made a donation to the Northside Hospital Cancer Institute Breast Cancer Program. The financial contribution, in the amount of $200,000, will help to lessen the financial impact of breast cancer on patients and their families, creating a more personalized and intimate experience as they navigate their path through the cancer journey and in the hope of helping to alleviate some of the outlying stressors of daily life in addition to the already stressful experience of battling cancer.
This cause is especially close to the heart of the foundation and the family behind the foundation, as Stacy Ammon, who is the wife of foundation trustee Greg Ammon, was diagnosed with breast cancer just after her 30th birthday almost two years ago.
“Northside Hospital made my experience – this awful experience – somewhat tolerable, so we really wanted to say a thank you to them and the team there, along with patients going through the same battle I did,” said Stacy, now a breast cancer survivor. “I know all too well how tough the battle with cancer is in general, but especially during this time of year that is already difficult for so many people. We just wanted a way to help ease that burden for people, so we are very grateful to be able to contribute in some way.”
The foundation’s donation targets patients and the families of patients who are currently going through breast cancer treatment and are having a hard time paying for the essentials of life such as groceries, transportation, childcare, and more, to mitigate some of the unnecessary stressors in life in addition to having cancer.
“I started the foundation as a way to give back and to help our community. Cancer is close to our hearts – not just because of Stacy’s experience, but also because my mother died from cancer when I was young, so it is a cause that we are always going to support,” said Greg Ammon, trustee of the foundation and Stacy’s husband. “But the foundation also aims to help the community in a variety of different sectors – whether its education, health care, entrepreneurship, research, the list goes on. Giving back to the community as a whole is what’s most important to us.”
One benefit of her experience with cancer, Stacy says, is finding an outlet through her social media. “I started using my social media to raise awareness for breast cancer and encouraging women to get regular breast exams,” says Stacy. “I’m grateful to be in the position to share my story.”
Northside Hospital Cancer Institute’s Breast Cancer Program is among the largest breast cancer programs in the country and one of the nation’s leading providers of breast cancer diagnostic and treatment services. Each year, over 3,100 patients choose Northside as their trusted provider of high-quality breast cancer care. Northside has a history of demonstrated success in securing and successfully executing grants from a diverse group of funders, from federal to local philanthropic organizations, to support patients and their families throughout the cancer journey.
“The Ammon Foundation’s generous gift will allow us to impact the lives of patients who need extra support along the breast cancer journey,” said Emily Beard, Program Coordinator of Breast Cancer and GYN Oncology at the Northside Hospital Cancer Institute. “This gift is especially meaningful because it represents gratitude from a patient and family who received care here at Northside Hospital. The Ammon family understands the challenges faced by breast cancer patients and we appreciate their generosity in paying it forward so we can support more families.”
Even with such varied funding, there remains a myriad of unmet needs experienced by cancer patients. This financial donation will assist breast cancer patients and families with medical equipment costs, transportation and living expenses, and a health and wellness retreat for adults going through cancer treatment.
To learn more about The Ammon Foundation and its philanthropy initiatives, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. And look for new announcements and a new website launching in 2023.
To learn more about the Breast Cancer Program at the Northside Hospital Cancer Institute and to make a donation today, visit: https://give.northside.com/donate-breast-care-program/